The Georgia Sales Tax Holiday begins at 12:01 A.M. on August 1, 2014 and concludes at 12:00 Midnight on August 2, 2014.
The following items are exempt:
– Clothing and footwear with a sales price of $100.00 or less per item;
– Computers, computer components, and prewritten computer software purchased for noncommercial home or personal use with a sales price of $1,000.00 or less per item; and
– School supplies, school art supplies, school computer supplies, and school instructional materials purchased for noncommercial use with a sales price of $20.00 or less per item.
The exemption does not apply to:
Belt buckles sold separately; costume masks sold separately; patches and emblems sold separately; sewing equipment and supplies, including but not limited to knitting needles, patterns, pins, scissors, sewing machines, sewing needles, tape measures, and thimbles; sewing materials that become part of clothing, including but not limited to buttons, fabric, lace, thread, yarn, and zippers; clothing accessories or equipment; or cellular telephones.
Another holiday begins at 12:01 A.M. on October 3, 2014 and ends at 12:00 Midnight on October 5, 2014, the following items when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use will be exempt:
– Energy Star Qualified Products with a sales price of $1,500.00 or less per item; and
– WaterSense Products with a sales price of $1,500.00 or less per item.
<a href=’https://etax.dor.ga.gov/salestax/bulletins/Sales%20Tax%20Holiday%20IB%202014.pdf’ target=’_blank’>Click here for more information</a>