ATLANTA – The Secretary of State’s Securities Division will join the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE) and other partners for an informative event at Georgia State University’s College of Law on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 5 to 8 PM. The “Fund Your Future Paycheck: An Investor Education & Protection Event” is free and open to the public and media.
“We are excited to be a part of this great event aimed at empowering hardworking Georgians with wisdom from stakeholders and experts in the financial field,” explained Secretary of State Brian Kemp. “We strongly encourage all members of the public to join us at this event to learn more about planning for a secure financial future.”
The AFCPE-designed program equips Georgians from all walks of life with the education, tools, and resources to plan for a secure future and fund their retirement paychecks by connecting consumers with financial professionals, government officials, and community-based organizations. It is funded by a grant from the Investor Protection Trust (IPT) in collaboration with the Georgia Secretary of State’s office. Supporters include AARP Georgia, Detroit Public Television, and the Investor Protection Institute. Attendees are required to register in advance and can do so here.
- 5 PM: Doors open
- 5 – 6 PM: Appetizers, resource tables, and networking
- 6 – 7 PM: When I’m 65 documentary clips, followed by a panel discussion
- 7 – 7:30 PM: Q&A
- 7:30 – 8 PM: Resource tables, networking and opportunity for one-on-one questions
The panel discussion, moderated by AFCPE Executive Director Rebecca Wiggins, will include:
- Lee Baker, CFP®, AARP and APEX Financial
- Ryan Germany, Assistant Commissioner of Securities & Charities
- H. Edward McConnell, Assistant Regional Director, U.S. Securities Exchange
- Aki Pampush, CFA, Director of Equity Strategies, SunTrust
- Melvin Stephens, AFC®
To learn more about the When I’m 65 and October 16th’s Georgia Investor Protection Event, please visit www.wi65.org/georgia. You can also view booklets and other toolkit resources online. Find out more about Georgia’s Securities and Investment rules and regulations here.
Tiny URL for this post: