On Thursday, October 12, 2017 a temporary detour for the roundabout project at the intersection of State Route 53 (SR 53) and State Route 183 (SR 183) in Dawson County will shift traffic. This shift will alter the current configuration of the intersection which is a Y-intersection, to a T-intersection.
Drivers should be advised of the following changes during this temporary phase:
- Traffic traveling eastbound on SR 53 will now stop and turn right to continue on SR 53, whereas in the past, they continued moving straight ahead.
- Similarly, if this traffic is heading onto SR 183 northbound, will now stop and turn left at the new intersection.
- Traffic heading westbound on SR 53 will now have to turn left onto the temporary road to continue on SR 53. If this westbound traffic is heading onto SR 183 northbound, they will continue straight as before.
- Traffic flowing SR 183 southbound to SR 53 eastbound will not have as stop sign as before.
- Traffic moving SR 183 southbound to SR 53 westbound will have to slow and turn right on to temporary road. Previously, they had a stop sign.
There will be lighted message boards and signage at the intersection notifying drivers of these changes. The speed limit has been reduced to 45 mph for safety.
For more information about roundabouts and their operation visit: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DS/SafetyOperation/Roundabouts
Tiny URL for this post: